All you ever wanted to ask about strawbale building
Lordship Eco Hub, Tottenham on Thursday 24 January 2019
This one day workshop has been specially extended for 2019 and will cover all the bits you haven’t understood or didn’t even know about!
- Natural foundations that can save you £££s
- Plinth walls and foundations – what’s the difference?
- Airtight doors & windows without expensive tapes
- Weather protection and the importance of drip edges
- How do I attach wall cupboards and sockets to straw walls?
- Compression for load-bearing & infill
- How do I build the roof first on my loadbearing building?
- Prefabrication developments
Once booked on the course, you can send your questions to Barbara Jones and she will answer them during the day. “An awesome and inspiring workshop and I’ll definitely be booking on the next course” Pip.
Here’s Fred Campbell doing a brilliant job with hazel pins at our Tulse Hill Practical Course!
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch or use the pub facilities downstairs from the training room. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
The Venue is: Lordship Hub, Lordship Rec, Off Higham Road, Tottenham, London, N17 6NU. You can find a map here. It’s a wonderful place to visit and we helped build it so you’ll get the chance to see a public building made from straw in the heart of London.
Cost: £75.00 (Early Bird offer of £100 for two people, if you book 3 weeks before the course date).
To book your place, please email email@example.com or pay direct using PayPal: