Friday 30 November 2018 – £45.00
Designing with the bale in mind
An essential preparation course for strawbale design whether you’re a self builder or an architect/designer. On this course you will:
- Understand why it’s important to begin with the bale not the design
- Learn how to identify good bales for building, where to find them and how to work with them.
- Learn how to draw up bale plans and designs.
- Learn the effect of customising and dressing bales
- Understand the implications of post location for framework buildings
- Hear about the fascinating development of strawbale building.
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch or use the lovely cafe on site. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
The Venue is: Lordship Hub, Lordship Rec, Off Higham Road, Tottenham, London, N17 6NU. You can find a map here. It’s a wonderful place to visit and we helped build it so you’ll get the chance to see a public building made from straw in the heart of London. You can find out more about the building by clicking here.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or pay direct, using PayPal:
Feedback from people who attended a recent ‘First Straw’ Course
‘Thanks for an amazing workshop – truly inspirational. I can’t wait to build something!’
‘Thank you so much for the First Straw. I found the course totally inspiring and really accessible (clear and to the point).’ (Marie)
‘I thought the course was totally incredible. I have done a few workshops in my time but this was one of the best and FULL of fantastic information and passion. It is clear that Barbara is an expert in the field. I would love to work with her one day in the future.’ (Sophie)
‘The course was great – covering a lot of ground, flexible too, and inspirational!’ (Richard)