Designing with the Bale in mind. 28 October. £45.00
An essential preparation course for strawbale design whether you’re a self builder or an architect/designer. On this course you will:
- Understand why it’s important to begin with the bale not the design
- Learn how to identify good bales for building, where to find them and how to work with them.
- Learn how to draw up bale plans and designs.
- Learn the effect of customising and dressing bales
- Understand the implications of post location for framework buildings
- Hear about the fascinating development of strawbale building.
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
This course is a joint initiative between the School of Natural Building (SNaB) and the University of Lincoln.
The content is aimed primarily at students of architecture & engineering as well as: developers, self builders and others who dream of building their own house out of natural materials.
The course will be held in the David Chiddick Building (number 18 on the map below), on the first floor, room number DCB 1103.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or pay direct, using PayPal: