20 October – £45.00
All you ever wanted to ask about strawbale building.
This 1 day course will cover all the bits you haven’t understood to date or didn’t even know about!
- Foundations – car tyre, insulating, or self draining?
- Plinth walls and foundations – what’s the difference?
- Windows & doors – airtightness, settlement
- Weather protection – using hessian to smooth the way and the importance of drip edges
- How do I attach wall cupboards and sockets to straw walls?
- Compression and how it works
- How do I build the roof first on my loadbearing building?
These and many other associated questions will be answered and discussed during the course. A notepad and pen will be useful.
Join us while we navigate our way through to informed straw bale building. Once you’re booked on the course you can send us your questions so we can try and include them in the day.
The day will begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Tea and coffee provided, please bring your own lunch or order from the cafe at HCF. For details on how to get there, go to: http://hackneycityfarm.co.uk/contact
Email email@example.com to book your place or pay direct using PayPal: